Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Interior pics at last!

Finally got around to getting some interior pics. The living & dining room are in the highest state of "doneness". Pretty much just some fresh paint to a two tone scheme my wife & I prefer. Still haven't decided on paint for the foyer though. We did the dining room about a year ago and just finished the living room. Hopefully it won't be another year before we do the foyer.. :)

You might notice the third leaded glass door (from the left) in the mantle bookcases is a little shinier than the rest. This is the one we had fixed. Apparently someone put their foot through the door a while back. Fornutately most of the original "wavy" glass was still intact and the place we had it fixed was able to reuse most of the pieces. Another thing you'll notice is the box beam ceilings are a little darker and shinier than the rest of the woodwork in these two rooms. This is something else I have on my to-do list: refinish the box beams.

I don't look forward to it, but it's got to be done.. And yes, I know our living room is empty. We recently purged the old furniture in anticipation of our new living room furniture. Unfortunately it got delayed by about a month, so hopefully it won't look empty for too much longer. :)
































3 comments:

Melinda said...

I realize that this comment is a little late but I just want you to know how beautiful your home is. I am so jealous of the leaded glass, the tiled fireplace and all of your lovely dark wood. You have done a gorgeous job both on the inside and outside.

Omar said...

Thanks melinda -- it's been a work in progress for a while. The changes have been subtle, but I feel we're slowly turning the house back into something to be proud of.

I remember back 3yrs ago when me and my wife first saw the house, the living room just sold us right then and there. The fireplace and builtins just called out to us.. Ah it's like it was yesterday. :)

Melinda said...

I am impressed that you have done all you have in just 3 years. We have been in ours 2 and I feel like we will never be close to finishing.