I know, it's been a while. Aside from taking a couple weeks off all things house related, I've been helping restore an elderly neighbor's front porch. I'm only fixing a modest amount of the porch, but it's a slow process. I'm getting close to finishing that, so I'm starting to refocus my energy back to the ol' McBroom house. :)
This is something I've been working on for the past few weeks. I've put a ton of work into this trio of dining room windows, although most has been to the exterior. I can't ignore what it looks like on the inside anymore though. I recently acquired a set of luxurious curtain rods I'm planning to put up over this set of windows. Of course to do that, I need to actually mark everything complete inside & out. If you remember, these didn't look too bad from a distance until you stuck your head up close. The finish wasn't pretty. There was a lot of caked on dirt and the wood was rotted pretty bad in spots.
The repair included lots of scraping out the funk and gluing mullions that had split a little too far.
Ah yes, smooth as a baby's bottom! Today I finally got all the rough and finish sanding done. I added a little wood filler in a couple spots I'd missed too. Once I get the final finish sanding on those last few spots, we're ready for the stain and poly. I am soo ready to get this over with...