Wednesday, July 18, 2007

scraping paint is fun

Well, I've started scraping paint and I'm really trying to convince myself that it's fun. Well it is at first anyway. Let's just say I'm glad the majority of my home is brick.

I put in a good 2 hours tonight although it doesn't really look it in the pic. When you're up against the window it feels like tons of paint is just falling all around you. The end result for today isn't too visually overwhelming. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have enough of it off that I can start sanding. Think positive. :)

4 comments:

StuccoHouse said...

I can feel you paint on this one. I spent a few hours in 90 degree weather up on my roof scraping paint from my dormer. I have a couple of bags full of paint chips when I was done. I went down to my front yard and looked up and you can't tell I did a darn thing.

Omar said...

Hehe, yeah. Kind of frustrating to put so much work into it and have it look only mildly different. I'm tempted to break out the heat gun for the stubborn parts, but I'm paranoid about damaging the windows. Not sure if you can tell from the pic, but I've been working at night as the desert sun can be a little harsh.

I'm getting closer though. I hit it again last night for a few hours and it looks a little more like bare wood. I'm going out of town for the weekend so I won't be able to get any more time in, but I'm hoping to have the wood prepped for some wood preservative early next week. Fingers crossed. :)

The Litter Box House said...

Hey there Omar. Seems like I hit the jackpot today with foursquare house blogs. Nice to meetcha!

I was looking at your window closeup (before scraping) and had to cringe. I felt like I was looking at our front window. So sad and rotting. But we are hoping to get into that project next spring/summer. I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Andrea

Omar said...

Hi there Andrea! I frequent a few other foursquare blogs, but I'll definitely put yours on my list.

Yep, those windows are in serious pain. Hopefully I can get them done soon. I need to stop procrastinating.