Saturday, March 14, 2009

screen door fixup

In an effort to make the exterior of the home a little less ghetto, we finally got around to getting a wrought iron guy to replace the screens on the kitchen door and the side door that goes down to the basement. As you can see the kitchen screen door is pretty huge as it encloses the inner door and the transom. Someday I'll get the transom operational again, but for now this will be the setup. My ideal solution here would be to get rid of this screen door alltogether and replace with a period wooden screen door the size of the inner door, leaving the transom exposed. Unfortunately I don't think my dogs would let it live a very long life, so metal it is (at least for now).

Come the warmer months this will be much nicer since we always have to combat flies and mosquitos. A screen door that actually does what it's supposed to will be a plus when you don't want to have to crank the AC. Below is the new steel mesh screen that is far superior durability-wise.

Tada! I still need to repaint them which should be in the next week or two. My main priority is to finish excavating the backyard by wednesday. This backyard is going to look completely different in the next few weeks. I'm psyched!



No comments: