Wednesday, September 30, 2009

sash rail?

For lack of a better term I'm calling the aluminum trim on the side of the window casing, sash rail. One of the windows in the guest bedroom is missing one on the lower sash. With a little wind the sash has an annoying habit of slapping back and forth without the rail in place. I really need to get the missing one replaced, problem is I don't know where to find one. I made a pass through lowes and didn't find anything similar, not that I was surprised. I might be able to find something at one of the old school hardware stores, not sure. Anyone know where I could find something like this online?

5 comments:

Old House Lover said...

What you're looking for is called a window jamb liner.

Omar said...

Awesome thanks!

Anonymous said...

Spring bronze weather stripping might fit the bill. Leslie

John Wilcox said...

It is called interlock weather stripping. You can find it at Kilian Hardware. www.kilianhardware.com They have all kinds of hard to find hardware.

I just "finished" restoring my windows. It is a lot of work, but keep at it.

Drop me a note if you can't find a solution to another problem. I am not an expert, but I know what you're going through.
f16buster@mac.com

Omar said...

I was planning on some bronze weatherstripping on the upper and lower sash. Hopefully that'll get them a bit tighter when the cold comes. Thanks for the link john -- I've never seen that website but lots of good stuff. Good to hear there are others who've done this sort of thing. Time consuming and seemingly neverending, but I think it's worth it. I'm thinking another year or two and they should be done. I hope.. :)