Wednesday, March 24, 2010

window progress

Check the goods. Beautiful isn't it? The painting under the porch was probably the easiest yet since there wasn't too much damage. I know it looks like I missed a spot -- you can see a thin line of beige at the bottom of each sash. This isn't by mistake. Whoever painted these last painted a bit of the concrete where the sill meets the window frame. Since the paint was in such good condition here it wasn't very easy to scrape off. I'm going to have to come back to this eventually and see what I can do. Since I swore against painting masonry I'll have to suck it up and get used to it, at least for now. I still need a little touch up on the two small windows over the fireplace, but out of my impatience I'm calling these done. Next I think I'll tackle the two front facing windows on the upstairs bedrooms -- my multi color paint scheme will be groovy for only so long.


2 comments:

Old House Lover said...

I imagine that the paint on the masonary will be very difficult to remove. If that's the case I can think of two other options, neither perfect, but would look less noticible. One, would be to paint over the paint on the masonary with your new trim color. The other would be to get a color of paint that closely matches the masonary color and paint over the old paint with that.

Omar said...

Hmm I think I like the idea of matching the masonry color -- thanks!