Tuesday, April 20, 2010

guest room window madness

Holy schnikes!

What kind of craziness is going on upstairs? Could it be that I decided to give the middle finger to restoration purity and chucked my old sash for some good ol' vinyl? Nah. As much as I wish I could go for the resto glory, I'm having these done for me. My reasoning is simple. I want these done sometime in my lifetime. So here's what we got going on. The guest room is undergoing some long overdue maintenance which includes restoring the interior casing on both windows. I'll finally be able to put the lumber I bought a year ago to good use. This will be stained and poly'd. Since I am adamant about scratching out the last bit of white paint from the interior side of the sash, that part will stay unfinished. Hopefully I will make sure to complete the job later this year.

Both sashes will be scraped, sanded, reglazed, and painted. They will also be rehung with some new sash cord I picked up. The exterior framing will be caulked and painted as well. You might notice the monster windows are looking a little bare as well (hint, hint). This is going to look so awesome -- I'll try to ignore the patchwork quilt of completed windows. Stay tuned for more updates..

No comments: