Friday, September 28, 2007

front door complete

Keeping the house projects moving along. I put on one final coat of stain (just a smidge darker) then followed up with 2 coats of polyurethane on the front door. This should prevent further deterioration of the veneer. I must say it looks pretty dang good.. Hopefully that door won't be disturbed again in my lifetime..


And don't think I forgot about the basement window on the rear of the house. I wanted to move on to start refinishing other windows, but.. How can I ignore it? Unfortunately it's going to be a real pain in the arse to get those bars off. The angle and tight space certainly isn't going to make it easy. :(

4 comments:

Kristen said...

The door looks gorgeous! Look at that grain!

Omar said...

Thanks! Everytime I'd walk through that door I'd think to myself, "Man I really got to work on this thing before it falls apart". Small victory. :)

Di said...

The door looks fantastic! I assume it's original to the house? Ours was unfortunately "modernized" with a cheap hollow, pine 50s thing. :( You're so lucky to have yours - doors are expensive!

Omar said...

Thanks di! As far as I know the door is original to the house. Thankfully the house didn't suffer much "modernization" over the course of its life. I can't imagine what a door like this would cost in 2007. Pricey, I'm sure.