Thursday, January 27, 2011

porch restoration

So as I hinted at in the last post, we're getting the house painted. Let's see it's been 3 1/2 years or so since we got permission from the city to do this.. I would say I've taken my time, wouldn't you? Don't worry there's still plenty for me to do around here.. many projects lined up and in progress.

As the title of this post implies, we're restoring the front porch too. Why bother painting the front porch if it's not fixed? No, to do one job means we have to do the other. To ignore it at this point would be like putting lipstick on a pig. I've often grumbled about the sag on the porch beam, well now we're finally doing something about it. I was assured by the roofer that the beams from up top were solid and in good shape, but I needed to know what the story was from the bottom. If there was an issue, surely it would be there. The photos below highlight what my porch looked like prior to ripping it apart..

Holy cow it's been a while since the eaves have gotten some love hasn't it? Not to worry -- the love train is on it's way. :)


No comments: