Wednesday, October 3, 2007

parking woes come to an end

Some of you may recall my whining about the parking problems on account of the elementary school across the street and the students from the local university. I wrote a bit about it here (first parapgraph). Well, the pain and suffering is finally over as our street got our no parking signs installed. Now, only residents will have the privelege of parking in front of our homes! Who would think? :) I saw a metermaid writing out a ticket for an illegally parked car firsthand too. I couldn't help but strum my fingers together with an evil Mr. Burn's "Excellent".

Here's a pic from the good old days. It doesn't look like that anymore aside from the few stragglers who didn't get the memo. The metermaid really needs to make sure she's catching all the violators too. I mean, really, it's free money for the city.


2 comments:

Dulcie said...

Love the Mr. Burns "Excellent"! I know just how that feels. Do you guys have a driveway or any private parking of your own? We actually have two driveways (we're on a corner lot, so one on each street.) I must say that even though parking is never an issue, I get kind of annoyed when there are a ton of cars parked in front of our house. It happens occasionally when there's an event in the park.

The paint on the windows looks awesome! Are you pleased? The red is such a pretty color -- what is the name of it?

Omar said...

Hi dulcie! Unfortunately we don't have any driveways, only street parking. We do plan on eventually building a detached garage accessible from the alley though. That's still a year or two out. It's so much more enjoyable coming home for lunch and not having to park a block away.. :)

Thanks for your praise on the windows. I was beginning to think it would never end. The paint is from Sherwin Williams A&C palette.
Green: Roycroft Brass
Red: Rookwood Red