Saturday, November 17, 2007

office desk

I'm still trying to find time to work on the nursery and the dining room windows. My actual work has had me busier than I would like. Oh well. In the meantime, here's the office desk we had custom made a while back by a local carpenter here in el paso. This guy's good. You may remember me mentioning him here. We're still waiting for our file cabinet and sofa table, but I have hopes I'll get it sometime before xmas. I hope.

Back to the desk. We had it made in quartersawn oak with a mohagany stain. The hardware pulls are a pretty cool craftsman style my wife and I picked out. Solid hammered copper with the pyramid screws. I love this desk. I'm into the whole heirlooms thing. It's taken a while to actually furnish the house because we've been stubborn to buy things that are good quality & solid wood. The design for the desk was something I got off the internet and my guy was able to reproduce it beautifully. The chair's from pottery barn. For anyone in the el paso area wanting custom furniture, Octavio of D.O.G. prestige woodworks is the place to go.

2 comments:

StuccoHouse said...

I had my dining room table custom made a bunch of years ago. Love it. It boggles my mind that people flock to places like Ikea when they could have real furniture for not much more. The desk is beautiful!!

Omar said...

Thanks! I love the convenience of having someone build something to the style and dimensions of your liking. I also dig the idea of keeping it local. Money stays in the local economy instead of going to some faceless corporation. :)