Wednesday, February 13, 2008

blog famine

Well, it's been pretty quiet around here. My apologies. Life can get hectic at times and sometimes my little house projects get put on the back burner. The nursery is almost done although I'm not sure why it's taken so long (see previous sentence). Just need a 2nd coat on the stretch of wall above the picture rail and the painting is done. Still need to get to the doors, but that was always on my "get to it when I can" list. I can't wait to get started on stripping the paint off all the old hardware though. Sounds like fun. After that's done I can start up my exterior projects. Aside from my plans to continue my little painting spree, I really need to get cracking on the landscaping of my backyard. For shame! Seriously folks, it's hideous.

Oh and there is one little detail I may have left out.. My brother-in-law and I have aqcuired an investment property in the neighborhood that we're working on restoring. I still haven't decided whether or not to detail our adventures with this rehab. But I'm excited with what we've done so far. We're about 30% complete. The house needed serious work. It's a 1903 prarie style foursquare that is more ornately embellished than mine. It's a pretty large home too -- about 2800 sq ft not including the full basement.

No comments: