Sunday, November 30, 2008

picture this

I'm ashamed to admit the amount of procrastination I'm capable of. When we had our new heating/cooling system installed we decided to move the location of the thermostat to the other side of the wall to open up a nice piece of real estate in the living room. What was left was this.


I needed to fill this up with joint compound and smooth it out to the depth of the rest of the wall, which I admit from the pic above isn't particularly exciting. The pics below are what are the real prize, at least in my eyes. This painting by a local artist has been sitting around for the past year waiting for me to get off my butt to fill and paint the hole in the wall. I bought some picture cord and celtic inspired bronze hooks from rejuvenation which I think are pretty swanky. I think it complements the room with a touch of old house charm. You don't see that kind of thing anymore. Looking at the pics I think it might be a tad too high, but I'll let my wife worry about the aesthetics.

Check that hardware.. :)

No comments: