Saturday, May 8, 2010

guest room windows, day5

Ok back to the windows in the guest room. As we saw in the last post the window casing had been installed but was still in need of refinishing. The plan originally was to just do the basic work of getting these operational with casing and I would finish them off. But after my wife's insistence, we decided to just do the whole shebang all at once. So the stain was next. This is the same Sherwin Williams stain I've been using in other parts of the house, Warm Chestnut. It's the closest match I've found to the original finish in the house. So far I've used the stain when I refinished the kitchen stairs (pre-blog) and the front door.

This actually looks a bit darker than my front door but closer to the finish I was going for with the back stairs. It looks a little darker than it came out as these got touched up a bit along the way. They got hit with some light sanding to even out the color as I wanted to still have the color of the grain very prominent. As you can see the actual sash is still in a rough state. As usual, my plan was to do these at a later point but I decided to burn the midnight oil and get these prepped so we could stain and poly all at once. I think I put about 8 hours into picking out the little flecks of white paint on these babies. You'll have to wait til next time to see the finished product. :)


No comments: