Sunday, April 24, 2011

project house: wallpaper overload

The project house is coming along nicely. We're several weeks into the renovations, but here are a few pictures of the interior prior to us buying the place. The in-laws were the driving force to acquiring this little bungalow, but it's turned into a family affair. Hopefully we'll do the place justice as there is a lot of cool detail for such a modest home. Case in point is the wood trim in the formal rooms. Lots of crown molding and beefy trim everywhere else. Don't mind the crazy amount of gold wallpaper -- that's coming down.

Here's a shot of the living room. Previous owners seemed to have got carried away and wallpapered the mantle tile.

This picture overlooks the dining room.

Check out the pyramid style caps at the top of the door and window casing. Fancier than my house..


5 comments:

dulcie said...

Such a great house! And wow - those walls... shiny!

Karen Anne said...

Wallpapered the fireplace tile - I thought I'd seen everything :-(

It's great that the original woodwork is still there. Are you going to strip the paint off?

Omar said...

Thanks dulcie -- I think it has a lot of potential and isn't a run-down dump (which would be harder to fix). Karen -- we're not planning to strip the woodwork although I do know there is a dark stain under the white paint in the formal rooms. We are planning to strip the fireplace tile though. You'll see what I mean in a future post. Thanks :)

Karen Anne said...

You probably know what that kind of bungalow looked like inside, but just in case, here's a link. If you scroll down to the dining room and living room photos, you can see the woodwork finish:

photos

Omar said...

Gorgeous home. Lately I've been telling my wife "I could live here". I wouldn't consider my home large, but there's something about a smaller home. It just feels cozy. What I can see of the original finish in this house, it is a nice, rich color. Very similar to that house. Thanks for the link!