Saturday, August 25, 2007

living room furniture

Well it took a while, but we finally have some real furniture in the living room down at the old McBroom House. Up until spring sometime we had been using the prior owner's living room furniture. It was a case of him wanting to unload them on us and getting some easy money out of a young couple with no furniture in their first home. Problem was, it wasn't really our style (old & a little ratty) and we told him we weren't interested. Of course, he left it there for over a year until he called me up asking when he could swing by to pick it up. Honestly, I don't think I had to give him anything back but I wanted to be a good sport. I guess we got away with not having to blow some money on furniture while we didn't have to. So it worked out for everybody for a while..

After purging the PO's furniture we borrowed my mom's old couch for a few months. This was a temporary stop gap until we laid down the green for some new furniture. Behold, our new couch (Pottery Barn) and new coffe table (crate & barrel). The rug is an antique persian we inherited from my in-laws.

2 comments:

Dulcie said...

Yay! Nice furniture... Don't you feel all grown up now?
Our home is the Hanna and Logan House. Those are two last names, not first names, and I think they are just a couple of dudes who owned an auto shop. (Kind of interesting to think of what an auto shop was like in the 1920s though!)

Omar said...

Hehe thanks! We still have a few more pieces to round out the living room, but we're getting there.

Part of the fun of living in an old house is figuring out who was there before you. I like to have fun facts when giving house tours.. I don't know if there are still any McBroom descendents in El Paso, but I'd love to get in contact with them for any info/pics/etc.